Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oil!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Is puddling on my intake manifold, i'd took my tq wrench and check the bolts and nothing is loose, any idea of where it could be coming from?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
How about your sending unit??????

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Sending unit? thats on the side of the engine Ben? how is oil from the sending unit going to get on to the manifold?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry...on a 335 it's on the back side and can run down on the intake. It was basically a shot in the dark on my part.

70blue

Georgia Chapter member
Have you checked your pcv valve? It could actually be spraying out your dipstick if you don't have adequate crankcase ventilation.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hot damn thats be best idae i've heard all day! I wonder if Royal Purple makes a 200w 9000.... I'll put it in my truck with a hot spoon.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh I get it! your taking a stab at me not having a 351/400m! well...

Its not funnny smiliecrybaby

Mmmmmmmm...not really, but if you took it that way...then sure.

So I take it no ideas...

Hmm maybe I just need a new engine :(

I'll have a 351M long block here shortly...you can have it...dunno what the internals look like yet...but I doubt it's pretty.

FTF'er
Put dye in oil. Run engine. Check for leaks with black light.

FTF'er
Ya, it works well. It can be used in engine oil, automatic transmissions, power steering systems, and fuel systems.

I had a leaky power steering hose on my Supercoupe, so I used the dye to see where it was coming from since everything was coated in fluid. It turned out I had a few leaks. You just dump in a small amount of dye, then run the engine long enough for it to leak and check with a UV light. It will glow bright yellow/green where the leak is.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts