Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Yet, more work gettin' done!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Ok, so my truck is in my buddies shop, again. Tomorrow, we're pulling off the Hot Side CAC to bend it up and make it fit just right. With the custom turbo, it ain't quite right. After that's fixed, we're installing the Stage III Water/Meth from Snow Performance. Should all net us 650-675HP at the rear wheels. Any other idears? Always needin more ponies!! :D

BTW- Yes, I do plan on making a short vid that'll hopefully be one of those, Hold my beer and watch this things. ROFLMAO

econo61

head pervert
okla
ya know, if you keep this up were all gonna be out money for flowers!

just make sure someone knows to let us know when the funeral is, and who gets whats left of your truck when it comes back to earth! that thing is gonna need wings and a parachute pretty soon!

Kep4

Jäger
Which Snow Performance unit would be best for a mildly modded 6.0? Maybe one with an Xcal 2, AccuFab intake elbow and turbo-back exhaust as the only engine mods.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Which Snow Performance unit would be best for a mildly modded 6.0? Maybe one with an Xcal 2, AccuFab intake elbow and turbo-back exhaust as the only engine mods.
The Stage III is the best overall: The Stage 3 Diesel Boost Coolers™ are the most comprehensive water-methanol injection kits Snow Performance makes. This controller senses not only manifold boost pressure but also exhaust gas temperatures. Using two inputs allows for the smoothest injection control. More importantly, it also keeps the EGTs as low as possible – if they begin to climb, even if the boost stays constant, the Stage 3 controller will read this and inject more water-methanol to compensate. The adjustments to the delivery on the fly are accomplished with two easy-to-use push buttons, allowing for more or less injection, or switching from both boost & EGT referenced injection (smoothest, best for towing and EGT control) to just boost referenced injection (most responsive, best for performance and racing).

The Stage II is the next best: These kits work on exactly the same principle as the Stage 1 kits, except that the controllers are heavier duty and can read up to 100psi of turbo boost. This is the typical starting point for a mildly modified modern 3/4 or 1 ton truck with an aftermarket exhaust, intake and chip or programmer. It is capable enough for trucks running large or compound turbo systems as well. These kits allow for great horsepower increases and EGT reductions – expect about 70hp and 250 degree F EGT drop.

The Stage I: This kit progressively injects more or less water-methanol, according to manifold boost pressure. The system is applicable for turbo diesels making up to 25psi of boost pressure. It has two dials to set the start and full points to tailor the delivery to your engines needs. Progressively injecting according to boost pressure allows for the most power over the widest range of rpms.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts