Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ford lovers be proud

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
:nana: :pimp: so today i was at the gas station getn gas in my 84and the guy at the pump next to me was mouthin off about it (he was in a suped up 06 duramax) so i was like alright come on we'll race....so we lined up at a redlight (my gf still bitchin me out) and on green we both punched it he pulled away of the line but once i hit second i got him and half a mile later i beat him by 2.5 carlengths and we pulled into a parking lot and he tryed to buy my truck (my gf STILL pissed cuz i just raced some douche) and i ket denying him. so he finally gave up n i got him to go away and went and put gas Back in the truck....ps. he had digital guages n he said tht he crossed the line doin 148 so i had to altleast be goin 155-160.............who ever said an old truck caint haul sum ***?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good story man...dunno about the speed though (shoot the only time I've ever broken 150mph was in a blown 700hp 454 powered 70ish C10)...but it's always a good day when a ford beats a chubby.

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
he had digital guages n he said tht he crossed the line doin 148

Water temperature? He should'a let it warm up before he really came onto 'er.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
He musta been a poser,cause there's no way an old truck likes yours could make it past 120,no offense.It'd be almost impossible to control it.I bet he read the wrong gauge.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...that chubby boy had to make himself feel better so he had to say he lost a race doing 150. There are veeeeeeeeeeeeeery few street rides that can do 150+ much less an 84 pick up with a relatively stock 351W.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
congrats i love beating chebbies too..

148 KM/h???

148 km/h is about 100 mph...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Maybe there was a helluva tail wind [confused]

Besides,wouldn't it feel like you had "death wobble" past 120 in these old trucks?

120MPH!!!! The speedometer only goes up to 85MPH, how the hell do you have any idea past that... :p

Great story man, hell I've beaten a last gen Camaro, some dips*** in a Silverado, a retard in a 90s Dodge Cummins, a V8 Excursion....

300-6 FTW. :p

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Great story man, hell I've beaten a last gen Camaro, some dips*** in a Silverado, a retard in a 90s Dodge Cummins, a V8 Excursion....

300-6 FTW. :p

:rotz: :suspicious:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
true story. I usually get the jump on them though, just dump the clutch and go. Kinda hard to shift fast with the M5OD though. :p

hmm.. i have to master that m5od shift now :)

hmm.. i have to master that m5od shift now :)

Yep, its just such a long throw. Its different going from my Mustang to the truck. I dont want to bend the shift fork in my M5OD either...

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Yeah, I'm not believing the 150mph number, his speedo is either WAAAYYYY off, he read the wrong guage, or he was trying to feel better about loosing. Anyway you look at it though, a win is a win! Good job! :D

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Mine handles pretty good at 120.......Conner and Jurgen ya'll know that Hurst makes a M5OD short throw shifter right????

yupp but at almost 300$ i better start learning how to shift that stock M5OD lol.. that kit is next in my list tough ;)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts