Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help!!!!!!!!

econo61

head pervert
okla
my wonderful wife seems to have somehow gotten the shoulder belt in my 06 f150 around the headrest. now the shoulder belt is locked and wont extend where i can get it loose!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Not sure about getting it to retract, but is there a way to pop the headrest off?

tony may have the answer.... pull the head rest all the way out. if that doesn't work do as i did. put her head in the loop

econo61

head pervert
okla
this sucks! pulled the panel off the side of the seat and found the pivot bolt, NO HEAD !

tried to get the headrest out, to no avail.

i am leaving at 3:00 am on a trip, and dont want to have to listen to "ding ding ding" every 30 seconds for 250 miles!

Try sliding the seat towards the bottom mount. even tr eclining it... anything to take some tension off the belt. That's the key; getting the tension off the retractor so it will unlock. sometimes you can pull the plastic cover off of the retractor and release the lock itself. The unit itself is bolted to the floor in most cases with a large Torx (star) bit. AZ sells em as... you guessed it... seat belt bolt tool!
as I said, tho, getting the tension to release should free up the belt... as for freeing up the wife, well, that's up to you...

econo61

head pervert
okla
the 06has the retractor on the seat back, up top.

ive moved the seat everywhichway but out! and i am about ready to do just that!

Dang.... it still has to go down to the floor, I believe! Look under it. Law states they must be anchored to the floor. at least in my trucks it does, lol....
and removing it to get slack may just be an option. there aren't THAT many bolts holding the seat down!

Dang.... it still has to go down to the floor, I believe! Look under it. Law states they must be anchored to the floor. at least in my trucks it does, lol....
and removing it to get slack may just be an option. there aren't THAT many bolts holding the seat down!

Unless he has air bags in them like my explorer. He needs to unhook the battery and wait 30 minutes. Then unplug the wires to the airbags. Then gently remove the seats.

econo61

head pervert
okla
GOT THAT MOTHER FIXXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

probably a simple deal if you know what your doing.

took the trim off of the top of the retractor, no easy feat in itself, then pulled everything over the top of the bracket and got it loose!

fun part was using a 1/4 in. ratchet wrench and torx bit to get the inside screws out of the cover.

this sucks, and the wife wont do it again! not after all the language she heard tonight! screamin, yellin, cussin, and rarein! boy i wish my econo had ac!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts