Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.4 "loss of power"

blacksnapon

Staff member
Working on one today with a complaint of "wont boost over 20, and loss of power". Has dtc po297 (vehicle overspeed) the freeze frame data has 36.97 psi boost @ 95 mph when the dtc was set............HMMMM

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'm just clearing the code. I found out as well that our crack sales staff hasn't been educating the customers on regen characteristics. The customer also asked why it would fast idle at the same time. I went up and held a class this morning with the sales staff. I let them know, "I've got an hour of diagnostic time in this one--FOR NOTHING!"

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
I'm just clearing the code. I found out as well that our crack sales staff hasn't been educating the customers on regen characteristics. The customer also asked why it would fast idle at the same time. I went up and held a class this morning with the sales staff. I let them know, "I've got an hour of diagnostic time in this one--FOR NOTHING!"

So, you're saying that your sales staff is on crack? :D

Gunner

P0297(speed limter) sets when a 250 or 350 goes over 91MPH and 450 or 550 goes over 81 mph. Then the border patrol (f250/350) has it govered to 85mph and sets same code. The vehicle will past these MPH's but then brought back to the speed limiter.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts