Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Suspension?

Hi, I have a '97 F-150 and lately I've noticed that it sits lower on the drivers side than the passenger side. It doesn't seem to affect anything, it still rides nice and handles good. What could cause this? Is it bad shocks or springs or something? Thanks for any help you might have.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
It is possible for it to be normal spring sag. There is always the weight of a driver, but not always the weight of a passenger to even it out. You might look at the cab mount bushings and see if any are wore out, but my guess would be the spring.

And welcome to FTF. There are some really smart techs that hang out here. Somebody may have a better answer than me.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
nosbusch2005,

Welcome to the lunatic asylum.

The left side normally sits lower than the right side, the fuel tank is on the left side. On the SD 3/4-inch from side to side is acceptable per FMC and I am pretty sure the same holds true for the F150.

blacksnapon

Staff member
The adjustment is roughly under the doors, about 1/3 the way across the bottom. Just turn the bolt, until you're satisfied.

Just don't try to do it on the opposite side by loosening it... You'll get an annoying noise during bumps and you'll think you broke something!

Thanks guys for the welcomes and the tips. I adjusted the torsion bars and it looks much better now. I also replaced the front shocks for good measure.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
most old trucks that ive seen always have a lean to either side. Mine leans to the passenger side tho. But i think its cause of my offroad and jumping and my wreck...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts