Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Beautiful Unibody Gen4 (with a 460) on eBay

I was drooling over this earlier and thought I would share.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-F-100-510-H-P-1961-1962-1963-1964-FORD-F100-460-BIG-BLOCK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3ca464eb0cQQitemZ260456114956QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

p_001.jpg

p_071.jpg

Yeah man, I want that damn truck but I have nowhere near $20k. :p

I love the look, its so "space age" to me, it it looks like its gonna take off like its on the Jetsons. lol.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Like I told ya earlier Conner, I love how the truck looks.. but not sure how much I would like that whole uni-body idea in a truck. :beer:

Put that body, on a frame... and that would be perfect smilieneenar

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Tyler, that truck is on a frame. In the case of the '61-'62's the term unibody is in reference to how the bed is in one with the cab and not separate.

Did they tend to wrinkle down the sides? Knowing how much a "conventional" pickup flexes when you, say, cross a drainage ditch...I don't quite get how they don't twist all outta the place when you try to work 'em. Or if you were to get onto that 460 hard, and the rear end hooked up good, for that matter.

That definitely is one nice truck. I really like the curves on those fenders. That would suck if it got dented though.

The unibody wouldn't flex if it was on one of those new "Fully boxed" f150 frames

Last edited:
I just showed my dad and he said they always used to rust at the base of the cab where it meets the bed, he said that water accumulated there until it rusted thru the damn thing. Kind of a bad design choice if you ask me, they shouldve put a ridge or something for the water to be able to drain... :p

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Tyler, that truck is on a frame. In the case of the '61-'62's the term unibody is in reference to how the bed is in one with the cab and not separate.

Ohhh.. ok

I thought it was like the new cars.. :cool:

Did they tend to wrinkle down the sides? Knowing how much a "conventional" pickup flexes when you, say, cross a drainage ditch...I don't quite get how they don't twist all outta the place when you try to work 'em. Or if you were to get onto that 460 hard, and the rear end hooked up good, for that matter.

Looks like they would..

i have one of these at home in NC but it is a short bed with the big chrome back glass. i love the rear fender wells in these truck you can put a tire under this thang and you will hit the leaf spring before you hit the inner fender

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts