Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Sparkplugs.....

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Well i changed the sparkplugs in the truck this last weekend. Lets just say that's enough to make you wanna have a case of cold ones while working. Ones that i pulled looked as though they were the originals and at 113,000 miles, would explain why it wasn't running it's best....sure wish i had DOHC heads on it just because i wouldn't have to go around every stupid thing by the sparkplugs. smiliebeenripped

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I need to change the plugs in my 97. It has 98k miles on it and to my knowledge the plugs have never been changed. I have all the service records from when the truck was new and there is no mention of plugs.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Use motorcraft... I tried a few of the 'platinums' and whatnot and the motorcraft still run the smoothest.

Ryan

Motorcraft and Autolite are the same thing lol.. be happy you dont have the 3 valve motor, youd be in a world of hurt with that engine.. and on these, plugs are changed about every 100k

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
I'm definitely happy i don't have the 3V engine. It's running nice and smooth. Broke down and recharged the air filter last night after spending ten bucks to get all the mud off the truck. Guess you do have a point about these new engines getting a 100k on the spark plugs, guess i'm still used to older engines and changing them sooner than that, but then again, that's older engines.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts