Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No post in here for 13 days

I love my 6.0....61,000 plus and noooo problems!!!

My grandfather and my uncle both have trucks with the 6.0L. I cant say that they have been perfect motors but they are pretty strong. :)

You have worked on mine. it runs great. Altought it lonely right now. I've been riding the bike. Thanks for the repair.

Man there was so much emotionally charged debate surrounding this engine for a while. It took me some time to sort it out facts from someone's opinion. This site in particular and the techs who write here have been helpful in sorting it all out. Oil testing has confirmed a few things for me in terms of managing the maintenance on my truck vs driving habits. The myth that other engines are not subject to similar failure or somehow achieve better efficiency is ridicules. Despite the break in their partnership Ford/International did a good job of managing the issues with initial design. I have about 33K on mine and am getting good results in terms of mileage. 17 MPG average rural roads. 18 MPG strictly highway(~65 MPH). Better yet, towing my 6K LB boat through the Adirondacks this last weekend got me 11.85 mpg on a 165 mile round trip. I think that is pretty good. Even the "cost" difference I think can be rationalized by the fact that a diesel is almost always worth more than a gas engine (all other things being equal) so factoring that in rather than the entire difference really reduces the amount of time till the economy of a diesel pays for itself.

Now that I've said all of that it is probably only a matter of time till my truck winds up in Jewett City for an EGR cooler and head gaskets....

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Hey... I check the 6.0L forum every other or so... and I guess that siince no posts that people are not having issues????

The "other site" is filoled with tuner, exhaust, delete kits and all... which is fine.... but all those forums lead to "I hate Ford, I hate my dealer, they cancelled my warrenty and so...."

I have to believe that since we are an educated bunch of guys... that we some how need to attract new users to this site and forum?

But then again... no news is good news.... so as long as there are no posts about "issues" then there are NONE!!!!

I am not a certified Fod Diesel mechanic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I am in Canton, Ohio right now.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Make sure to visit the NFL hall of fame!!

Ryan

Been there and done that... but not this trip... so maybe I will have to.

If I could stay for a another week and a half, I would be here for the induction ceremony this year.

Except for the NFL Hall of Fame, not much else here.
:flag: :flag: :flag:

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
My 6.ohno has been mostly good. I've had some issues with egr cooler maybe? it threw a code, but it went away and has not acted up since then. Nearing 140k miles! Seems every time I make a trip down to my buddy's place in SC it starts to act up, once the air filter, over boosting, and the other time issues with the EGR (felt the vanes in the turbo weren't working right, couldn't get any boost, but the code said egr).

Howdy folks. New here as I'm sure you can see or guess. Just dropping in to say I love my 6.0 too. 36k and counting on her and no powertrain issues at all. Knock on wood, she's been flawless.

Great site by the way!

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
Welcome John. You will find everything you need here without all the BS I am am sure you have encountered in your forum travels.
This is a great place. Make sure you get some pics up!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts