Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my tire age

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Didn't you post something about tire age a while back, Chris? If I recall correctly, there was a video. They said the oldest they would feel comfortable riding around on was 4-5 years after production (not installation).

Ryan

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Sorry, Chris. I meant Chris. :rof: I think I remember Skandocious posting it a while back, but I may be wrong. I remember the thread... I'll see if I can find it.

Ryan

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
no that wasnt me. and chris it aint my fault really. ive only had this truck since January.
Ah. Well then nevermind :p

Sorry, Chris. I meant Chris. :rof: I think I remember Skandocious posting it a while back, but I may be wrong. I remember the thread... I'll see if I can find it.

Ryan
I do recall that thread... I don't remember if I made it or not-- I did see it on the news though so it's possible.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
shizzaaaammmm!!!!!! lol jk. but my 91 camry i had i put new tires on. my old 82 F100 i had i put new tires on. its typically one of the first things i do when i get a new vehicle. id rather know when i put the tires on.
If Ryan can dig up that old thread then it has instructions on where to look on your tires for a "code" that tells the week and year of manufacturing-- then you can tell exactly how old they are. It's a little-known code amongst consumers because it doesn't have any description to tell what the code means.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
8 years ain't THAT bad...

Tires on my truck are from about 1990ish (stored under my pappaws trailer till last year when the truck was brought up here)

Monte Carlo are atleast 10 years old I guess, cause I don't remember tires ever being put on it..

camper are from '01 when we got it

F-350 are from '02 when we got it

lumina are from 07ish? on the back, and front ones are about 6-8 months old

We are a very safety minded when it comes to things like tires.. their good till they don't hold air, or you can see the belts! :wavey:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Mine are 9 Years old.lol.

The Goodyear Wranglers that used to be on my truck are actually newer than the tires I have on the truck now.But,the truck sat for 3 years before I got it,so the old tires are all cracked.It's sad,cause there's alot of tread left on them.The new but older Dunlops don't have anthing wrong with them.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Quitcher bichen! My next set of tires will be in the $800-1000 range, not including the cost to mount and balance :headbang:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
My next set will hopefully be 33/12.5/15 BFG M/T KM2's. If you shop around you can find them for a little more than $200 a pop.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts