Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stuck In Regen

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

blacksnapon

Staff member
Poor baby!

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
So if I read it correctly that fool has a 08 6.4L that he jacked up somehow and now it is a very expensive giant paperweight...

Guess if you got money to burn

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Aaron,

He gutted the DPF & Cat which is basically the same as if he removed them and straight piped it. And then after two days of driving it that way, the PCM got stuck in Regen mode. So it runs, but not well and i can imagine the fuel mileage really sucks.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
He gutted the DPF & Cat which is basically the same as if he removed them and straight piped it. And then after two days of driving it that way, the PCM got stuck in Regen mode. So it runs, but not well and i can imagine the fuel mileage really sucks.

Basically the same? NOT! If he had removed them and striaght piped it, he could put them back in and fix it. ROFLMAO!! What a dumb a$$!! I'm not even that stupid, yet.

blacksnapon

Staff member
they're all thinking that back pressure is the only thing that controls regen. He gutted the dpf.......what about the diesel oxidation catalyst, which is independent of both the dpf and cat.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
There you go talking sense again Vince. Problem is most of these "shade tree mechanics" cannot get it throught their head that on computer controlled vehicles you cannot just yank stuff off and unplug it without telling the computer what to do with the new or missing information it is detecting. A hacksaw and bailing wire is no longer the performance tools of choice with todays cars. Go figure:headbang:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
That's why I'm sticking with Duct Tape!! Get it? "Sticking" with!! :rofl:

Yep you definitely need something to keep your shorts stuck to the seat since you insist on getting your truck airborn. 'hah'

You may want to think about installing an altimeter.:rolling laugh:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Thats one of the reasons I drive an 06

Gunner

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Next chance I get, I'll snap a pic of the inside. You might be surprised! :)

I hope you take that picture after you clean up the seats from your last flight.:rofl:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I couldn't read too much into that thread, I was actually starting to feel sorry for that guy... for his stupidity atleast... some people...

Some lessons are definitely more painful than others.:spank:

Rusty Shackleford

Certified Ford Tech
The thing is... they make leaps and bounds to try and make these things run clean... which they did, and very well, to the point that we run these things in the shop with no hoses most of the time... but to some I guess that means tieing up a few ponies... I wonder what kind of EPA fines he could be looking at...

The DPFs and Cats these days are designed to handle the flow of the engine to the point that Backpressure is minimalized, and that which IS there helps maintain the balance of the engine. even without the electronics, to disable one is shooting ones self in the foot!
I guess following THEIR logic would mean that a 5 inch Turbo back system would be out of the question, since technically the larger tubing, having a larger surface area, means more coefficient drag on the exhaust flow, right?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
The thing is... they make leaps and bounds to try and make these things run clean... which they did, and very well, to the point that we run these things in the shop with no hoses most of the time... but to some I guess that means tieing up a few ponies... I wonder what kind of EPA fines he could be looking at...
I'd love to see them run mine hard in the shop!! OMG!! That'd be fun to watch!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts