Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What do you guys think????

I built this headache rack last night for a buddy of mine.
Just want some opinions / suggestions / modifications for the next one I build... or if you would want me to make you a custom one.

100_0723.jpg

100_0724.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey that's pretty sweet! My only suggestion would be to make a nicer looking mounting system-- the square tubing on the sides looks a little hoaky. Maybe just some flat steel plates that bolt flat to the bed rails. Otherwise that thing is pretty BA YelloThumbUp

Hey and welcome to the forum! :wavey: Where you from?

Hey that's pretty sweet! My only suggestion would be to make a nicer looking mounting system-- the square tubing on the sides looks a little hoaky. Maybe just some flat steel plates that bolt flat to the bed rails. Otherwise that thing is pretty BA YelloThumbUp

Hey and welcome to the forum! :wavey: Where you from?

Those pieces are just sitting there thats not how i'm gunna mount it..
I'm gunna drill a hole threw the bottom side and weld a bolt in and cap the ends so it looks like its just resting there. then you wont have any flat stock from the side view...

thanks, i'm from wisconsin.. where are you from?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
The ones I have made have smaller bars welded in to protect the glass. After breaking out a window or two loading firewood or scrap,etc you may want to weld in a few little bars to protect the windows.
I like the design how it conforms to the trucks curves.

looks really beefy. same suggestion i just said here. any way to weld a channel in it to slide some plywood in/out when you need it to totally protect the cab and window?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts