Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

C6 Woes...

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Alright got a 1980 F-150 4x4 with a 351M and C6 automatic.....the motor/tranny came out of a late 70's model truck...installed it and now the shifter is backward...IE P-R-N-D-2-1 IS 1-2-D-N-R-P......Got it?I heard there was something I could flip inside the tranny to make it correct......anyone know about that???Thanks guys.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Yup. You can flip the shift arm on the side of the tranny, IF it is one that can be flipped. Alot of them are a solid piece, and would have to be changed out. To take one out, you have to drop the valvebody.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
One that aims the other direction. Column shift arms point down, floor shift arms point up, or vica versa.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Wait! I might have a piece from an aftermarket shifter that just bolts on. Lemme look in my shop tonight and call you.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Measure the width of the lever that you have on there now and call me tomorrow. I thinkI have what you need.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Actually Brad you're pretty up there yourself...what other member of this forum or anyone else for that matter called me during a friggin downpour to ask how the weather's treatin me?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts