Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally!!!

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
i've found some tires for cheap. they are a set of 4 235/75 R15 Firestone Destination LE tires. 30 each for 3 and the guy said since there was curb rash on the 4th he'd give it to me for free. they only have 8500 miles on them he said bout 75% tread left. now just to go to the bank and get the money. Was looking for the same tires as is on the truck now 255/70 Firestone Indy 500's. but couldnt find any used with a good amount of tread for cheap. thank god i found these cause my right rear is bald almost. most people would say its bald.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Its not bald, its just a custom racing slick.

wow, sounds really cheap. i just spent $600 on 4 for mine - $90 for the stock size sounds great. nice find

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I would have never guessed why it was bald... :looksatyoursig:

Blade

Backwoods boy

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
lol. it took a lot of hard work to get them like that. getting a custom racing slick isnt easy. its a lot of time on the throttle and brake. a whole lot of hard take offs to squeel the hell out of the tires.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I had a set of tires on my old Cougar that looked about the same. They were pretty nice on dry pavement. Rain, not so much. :D

Those arent so bad, you are just getting to the wear bars and the tread pattern is still somewhat defined. One of my co workers kept putting off getting new rubber and ended up with literal racing slicks. Not that he would roast the tires or anythng, he just likes to get his moneys worth. He likes to live on the edge too, 3 bald tires and the 4th one is the spare, time to run from a hurricane 7 hours away. He has since replaced those, I wish I had gotten a pic of them.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts