Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Headliner Help

Storm

I have a CB that I need to relocate due to a new console being built for the transmission hump.. It will hold a HAM, 2 Trunk Radios, Siren Panel and Strobe Panel.. Does anyone know how I can mount my CB (I need it) to the Headliner where the Factory Computer normally sits? I don't have that computer, didn't come with the truck.. I'd really like to get it up there..

Last edited:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
How about you get a flat piece of metal and bolt it under the headliner to the sunvisor retaining clip mounts and have two carriage bolts drop through that flat bar and headliner so that you can bolt a CB bracket to it. Any machine shop can punch the square holes in that bar for the carriage bolts and they would make it so you could tighten the bracket without having to have a wrench on the backside.

Anybody see any reason this wouldn't work for him?

I am not familiar with the newer trucks and what is up there, but you should be able to bolt to some sort of brace or bracket under the headliner like 6L suggested.

That is how the temperature/compass is bolted into the explorers. They put them in rangers and Bronco IIs that way and the part is up there already to fasten it too.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Welcome to the site Storm. :wavey: Nice truck you have there.

Some good ideas all ready and probably a few more headed your way. Thanks everyone for helping another member out. YelloThumbUp

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Hey Storm, Just nail it to the roof!
Thanks for that one Vince. And here I invited him over because I said we had the best techs available and that's what you come up with?? Sheesh. So Sorry Storm. ROFLMAO

BTW- Storm, I told ya you'd fit in with these guys!!

Storm

Hahaha... No kiddin.. I was thinkin bout good ol' duct tape ;-)

Me and TNT might have an idea but at the moment we are tied up welding his new nerf/rocker protection bars on.. This is a PITA! We had to relocate part of his air system for the brackets..

We'll keep yah posted on what we do.. Once we're done welding we'll go to my liner and see whats up..

Also I got TNT coming over too :-D He was pissed that we didn't tell him bout the place LOL

:bs:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Once we're done welding we'll go to my liner and see whats up.

Since you already have the welder out just weld the CB bracket to the roof of your truck.:cooldude:

Blue Goose said:
I'll bet ProjectResponder could answer this.

On Edit: I sent him a PM directing him to this question

Storm, here is a link to ProjectResponders website.....you'll be able to see from it what I'm saying about probably having your answer...

http://www.projectresponder.com

Thanks for the vote of confidence there BG!!

Storm, w/o seeing the current configuration of what you have, I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about your task. If you're in the local area, I'd be happy to take a look at your truck and make some suggestions. If not, I can do some research and find out what the headliner is like in your truck and how the computer mounts. I'd need to know the size of the cb as well.

Regards,

Michael

Storm

Storm, w/o seeing the current configuration of what you have, I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about your task. If you're in the local area, I'd be happy to take a look at your truck and make some suggestions. If not, I can do some research and find out what the headliner is like in your truck and how the computer mounts. I'd need to know the size of the cb as well.

Regards,

Michael

Thanks Michael.. I didn't get a chance to get the headliner off this weekend.. Was too busy helping my friend weld all day.. Hopefully this weekend I can yank it down..

The CB tho is a Uniden Bearcat PC68 Elite.. Not entire too big.. Most of the ones that had "Computers" had some sort of bracket up there.. Mine didn't come with the computer display so I'm not sure whats up under the headliner.. Normally the backet is ontop of the headliner..

If you happen to find anything out that'd help.. Its an 04 F250 Crew Cab..

Storm

Regards,

Michael

Thanks Michael..

I didn't get a chance to yank it down this weekend.. It's a Uniden Bearcat PC68 Elite.. Hopefully this weekend I can yank it to see whats underneath where the computer would normally go..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts