Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gone And Done It Again

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
DAMMIT..........I HATE when I do that

Took the trucks in to Hamilton Ford in Crane Mo for their oil changes......

The missus took a liking to a new 2007 F150 XLT Lairiat.......

THEN decided she didn't like the color..........

SO after MUCH ado...........

We ended up trading her 03 F150 V6 2wd on a brand new 07 F150 V8 4wd. With the interest rate they were giving me, it was worth the trade. I made out like a bandit on the deal.......

No pictures as of yet (Had to go up by KC to pick it up), but I'll post them when I get them...........

Gunner

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
you were in KC and didn't say hey? I'm so disappointed.

Ryan

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
you were in KC and didn't say hey? I'm so disappointed.

Ryan

Neg, the TRUCK is up by KC. We were at the dealer down here in Crane. She test drove one that was Biege, and she liked the TRUCK ok, but didn't like the color (too close to the one we were trading in). So the dealer got on his computer and found one that optioned and colored the way she wanted it, and they'll be bringing it down tomorrow morning so they can dress it out and shoot a bed liner in it.

Should be able to pick it up Friday or Saturday. IF I'm still home, I'll post some pics.

P.S. I went back to work for my old company doing my old job. They gave me a raise, then, of course, sent me back down to the seventh circle of hell again. Waiting on my GO orders as we speak. At LEAST I'll be able to post more because I won't be busy banging my head against a brick wall.

Gunner

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
congrats to you and the wife on the new truck. can't wait to see pics. glad to hear you'll be posting more but hope things with the job work out also. YelloThumbUp

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
congrats to you and the wife on the new truck. can't wait to see pics. glad to hear you'll be posting more but hope things with the job work out also. YelloThumbUp

Oh they'll WORK ok, I'll just be miserable DOING it.............This is the same Arkansas work I was doing before, just getting more money for DOING said job.........

But by the same token, at least I'm GOOD at what I'm doing. I figured out real quick I could go back to being a DAMN GOOD MWD hand, or go on to become an INCREDIBLY AVERAGE directional driller.

I'm not cut out for the DD job. 1) I'm not detail oreinted. I miss (or just don't give a damn about) too much little stuff, and doing the DD job, everybody expects you to track ALL the minute details they don't want to. 2) 3/4 of the job is trying to keep the customer from cost cutting himself into a real mess (like the last DD job I was on) 3) Even though I was a Marine, I always HATED the part where I had to pound my head into a brick wall untill somebody ELSE told me to stop.

Thats what it takes to be a GOOD DD. And I just ain't got it in me. I can DO THE JOB, it's the politics that go along with it that I just can't stomach. So I cut my losses and went back to doing what I was good at.

Unfortunately, that means going back to the 7th circle of hell to do it.

Oh well, damned if you do, damned if you don't

Gunner

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Where will you be working down here?

I assume Billings is in MO (maybe) not far from Springfield. You go down 65 through Harrison? I work over there during the school year.

Probably further south, around Beebe or Searcy, but yes, I will probably be going down 65 to the job, but I won't find out EXACTLY where the job is till I get my orders to move out. FIRST thing I get to do on one of my jobs is generally drive somplace I've never been then play hide and seek with a rig location.

Gunner

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
If you know in time, let me know. Assuming it is not one of my dialysis days, we could meet up for brunch or something in Harrison.

I appreciate the offer, but when I get word, I have to BLAZE to the rig, get the job rigged up and ready to run, get them on bottom, and after THAT I might be able to get away for maybe an hour or two at MOST. If I'm that far north I'll give you a shout, but, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

But I do appreciate the invite, and if I can swing it, we'll give it a go :) :YelloThumbUp

Gunner

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Update

Well the trip to the 7th circle of hell has been canned. New destination: Pensylvania(?!). More details to follow

Gunner

Update

Well the trip to the 7th circle of hell has been canned. New destination: Pensylvania(?!). More details to follow

Gunner

Pennsylvania would be correct.

First...have a good trip. Let us know how things go

Second...I wish I could hide in the back of the truck on the way up. I have a friend in PA I have been dying to get too spend some time with. YelloThumbUp

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Brian, Gunner may have meant Pensylvania Arkansas...Is there such a place??confused

No I mean as in the state of Pensylvania..............I know, spelling..........But where exactly I'm going I don't know..........waiting on further word from on high

Gunner

..........I wish I could hide in the back of the truck on the way up. I have a friend in PA I have been dying to get too spend some time with. YelloThumbUp

No I mean as in the state of Pensylvania..............I know, spelling..........But where exactly I'm going I don't know..........waiting on further word from on high

Gunner

I was correct. Still wish I could tag along though. :)

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
You probably don't. As slow as the drilling goes out there, this isn't going to be a job, this is going to be a career move.

Gunner

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Went out on a job, got back, and the missus took off two days later with her mom to go to her sisters house in Minnesota. I acutally haven't had a chance to shoot pictures of it yet :\

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts