Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Putting a carb on a Mod..

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I've found some web sites that sell manifolds for Modular engines that take Carburetors.
But since mod engines don't have Distributors SooOOo howthe heck do you get a carb to work on a computer controlled ignition system??

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
no kiddin, I had to subscribe to this one. this could be interesting...

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Black Magic

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Fin .

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I said fin! :mad:

:D

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
becuase carbs are better :D woohoo lol

questionn
what do they use on fast drag cars?
thats right
CARBS :)

fy is for girls who doesnt wants too get dirty and sit behind a laptop and type
(i know im gonna get it for saying this :) )

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That would be cool... I may have to look into it. I dunno how it would work on my already modded 5.4, it might help.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
If you have to have it emissions checked, forget about it.

Thats awesome, find a 95 Mustang (first year of Mods but without OBDII), or a MkVIII or 94+ TBird. Most states still smog OBDII vehicles but not OBDI so that would be safer, CA you are screwed either way.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I got a Mark VIII, but I will stay with FI.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Tony the description says nothing about the part allowing you to run a carb.

Really? Read it again.

Get complete ignition control.
The MSD 6-Mod ignition controllers were originally developed for Ford modular motors that were fed through a carburetor rather than an electronic fuel injection system. However, with the useful options that the 6-Mods provide, such as two rev limits, a step retard, and easy control over the timing, the EFI guys wanted a way to take advantage of the adjustment. The answer lies in these new 6-MOD wiring harness kits. These new harnesses provide a splice-free installation of the MSD 6-Mod controllers to factory-equipped EFI vehicles, making installation a snap. All of the connectors plug directly into the factory units, so there is no cutting or splicing of your factory wires required. The compact tach adapters ensure that the ECU and the 6-Mods receive the signals required to keep both systems operating as designed. Once installed, the 6-Mods allow users to advance or retard the factory's timing curve, program a step retard for use with nitrous systems, or even map out a timing curve through a laptop by using MSD's Pro-Data+ software.

Fellro

Staff member
Edelbrock also has a kit that includes the intake, carb, and ignition system as a complete kit. had a customer that had the bright idea of taking the V6 out of his Cougar and put in a mod motor, but switch to a carb because it all would be simpler...:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

http://www.jegs.com/p/Edelbrock/957090/10002/-1

On some drag race classes, it is required to run carbs, so to be able to run mod motors opens up more possibilities for engine options.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts