Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So.....

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
I guess i have a reason to do the Lightning kit package that i've seen on a few ext cab F-150's. Two people backed into my rear bumper today, same spot, breaking their tailights, and leaving my bumper outa shape. No body damage that i could see but tomorrow i'll find out tomorrow. Both were hit and runs, one while i was in my friends house, the other while i was at the ABC Smokeshop picking up a pack of cigs although i've slowed down a lot. Guess i would have settled for door dings over getting my bumper distorted and scratched to hell. But, it gives me a reason to do the mods i found and this summer that will probably be one of the things that gets replaced. Wish my exhaust exited a littler further up so i could use the exact lightning sides but i may do dual side exits this summer when i get a chance and just change the routing of the exhaust and make both sides match. Time will tell tho. Just needed to vent. I wouldn't be as mad as i am if they hadn't ran off before i found what happened.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That sucks Dustin. got any pics?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That sucks to hear. I always hated incidents like that, really not a big deal...but you just feel violated and would appreciate someone owning up to the damage...even a note with insurance info. Anyway, good excuse for upgrades.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
That sucks Dustin. got any pics?
Life moves on, it's only a bumper i guess, least it didn't damage my bed or tailgate that i know of. I'll get some pictures up.
I've been there, Dustin. People have hit and run more than they've stopped and said anything.

Ryan

That sucks to hear. I always hated incidents like that, really not a big deal...but you just feel violated and would appreciate someone owning up to the damage...even a note with insurance info. Anyway, good excuse for upgrades.
That is true, sad thing is the first one was over at a friends house and one of their friends friend did it and lied about it. I was somewhat mad but i let it go. Then 30 minutes later someone else did the same stunt, and then i was just furious for a while since neither owned up to their actions. Maybe they'll find the van, but otherwise i can get some money from the first to start the lightning conversion. Figure it's a good reason to start the conversion neways, not sure if i'll keep my bed or go for the stepside like the lightnings do.
Dang that bites.. Sorry to hear about the 2 hit and runs. If you want to do a lightning conversion check out this site.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/index.php

Awesome site, i'll have to check in and start figuring out the prices and do that this summer. Figure it'll be a unique truck in the long run, afterall when the engine goes the DOHC finds a new home in the truck when i get that built up.

Neways, some pictures, the rain washed away a lot of the paint transfer and mud this morning but it gives you an idea of how much its off. I'm more of a perfectionist so it's gonna bug me til i fix it. Oh well, the blue interior lights calmed me down on the way to the sub station last night to file the report.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3247386
Thats the one that i seen last night while searching. I've always liked the lightnings just wanted a ext cab version :)

050509_125000.jpg

Top of bumper. Plastic before last night didn't have a nick. The mud was also from their vehicle.
050509_125102.jpg

050509_125200.jpg

050509_125103.jpg

050509_125202.jpg

Can't really see the paint transfer too much but there are scratches etc on the chrome and transfers.

050509_125201.jpg

Drivers end.
050509_125203.jpg

Passenger end. You can see somewhat the drivers is moved forward and up.

050509_125100.jpg

050509_125101.jpg

Drivers end.
050509_125300.jpg

Passenger end. You can see how it's shifted in almost to the body in these. My pinky doesn't fit between the drivers end.

Oh well, just a bumper, don't think it did much more then that. It also shifted it up as the tailgate rests down on the bumper now. Oh well, no more damage then that, so i guess i'm lucky as they both busted their taillights and i know the one had damage to the body, and i'm guessing the van had quite a bit more damage done.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Lmao, true that, gotta love having a truck :D I'm guessing they had to jack my bumper pretty hard to push it in, but oh well, they gots more damage, i gots excuse to upgrade :)

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Lmao, true that, gotta love having a truck :D I'm guessing they had to jack my bumper pretty hard to push it in, but oh well, they gots more damage, i gots excuse to upgrade :)

You going to get one of those tube bumpers?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That'll buff out...really not as bad as I was expecting. Still sucks though that somebody had to mess up something that was totally fine.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Oh, no, no one was messing with me. Think the mini van one was drunk or otherwise under the influence, and the first one was just them being stupid. Think i have a sign that says hit me. Almost got rear ended last night cause i had to stop and the person behind me had to swerve because of traffic ahead, oh well, maybe i'll just start walking. But it's not as bad as it could be like you said, but it still makes me mad. Not like you can't see a white truck, lol.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Dustin it happens everywhere. People are too distracted to pat attention to what is going on. Then they wonder why they were in a accident.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
That is very true, which is why there are so many accidents that aren't called for that happen. Guess I can trust one person to drive my truck that's a girl cause she's proven herself in it and is extra careful cause she doesn't wanna loose half the money that she's saved up :D

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
That is very true, which is why there are so many accidents that aren't called for that happen. Guess I can trust one person to drive my truck that's a girl cause she's proven herself in it and is extra careful cause she doesn't wanna loose half the money that she's saved up :D

I sense a story here.
bigear.gif

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts