Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2004 f350 high pressure oil system broke again

:hammer: just paid $5,600.00 dollars 16,000 miles ago same problems again. estimate this time says $5,000-$7,000 to fix this time. tried to trade it but the dealership offered only $4,000 for it. its a 2004 with only 119,000 miles on it.any advice, im not the kind of person who can afford five to seven thousand dollars every sixteen thousand miles just to keep my truck running. I worked hard and saved along time to buy a truck ive always wanted. and ford wont stand behind their 6.0 sincerly frustrated

more info on the f350

This thing will start now cold. Drive it five miles shut it off she aint starting till tommorrow. Turns over great but wont start till cold. told me there was a major problem in the high pressure oil system and possible egr issues because im losing collant and no visible leaks. hope this helps but will be glad to give anymore info that i can. thanks for the help.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Have you tried searching threads? There are some on EGR fixes for that engine around here I think!!! Good luck!!!

blacksnapon

Staff member
This thing will start now cold. Drive it five miles shut it off she aint starting till tommorrow. Turns over great but wont start till cold. told me there was a major problem in the high pressure oil system and possible egr issues because im losing collant and no visible leaks. hope this helps but will be glad to give anymore info that i can. thanks for the help.
Where are you at?

im in mayview MO a few miles east of Odessa. Last time i had it worked on 16,000 miles ago had the high pressure oil pump replaced and 4or 5 injectors and a sensor replaced on the back of the engine i believe it was the icp or ccp its the one that leaks oil all down the back of the engine when it goes bad. when I bought the truck I ran a construction business, now I work for a not for profit christian youth home that literally pays me $650 a month. I love the work but it leaves unable to keep up with my trucks expenses. i guess you could say i cant afford my baby anymore. and I cant afford to trade it in when their only offering me $4000.00 for trade in on it. Im in a tight spot

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
im in mayview MO a few miles east of Odessa. Last time i had it worked on 16,000 miles ago had the high pressure oil pump replaced and 4or 5 injectors and a sensor replaced on the back of the engine i believe it was the icp or ccp its the one that leaks oil all down the back of the engine when it goes bad. when I bought the truck I ran a construction business, now I work for a not for profit christian youth home that literally pays me $650 a month. I love the work but it leaves unable to keep up with my trucks expenses. i guess you could say i cant afford my baby anymore. and I cant afford to trade it in when their only offering me $4000.00 for trade in on it. Im in a tight spot

I suggest you go see Vince (Blacksnapon) sounds like your dealer is taking you for a ride.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts