Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

first post on the next page doesn't get marked as read

if i reply to a thread and am the 1st one on a new page, when i hit submit i'm taken to page 2 where i see my post. if i go to another page (user cp), that thread still looks unread. i have to go back in and click "page 2" to make it realize i've seen it.

seems to function correctly if my post is on the same/old page.

happens on several computers/browsers. am i crazy?
EDIT: also, i always check to see if maybe someone posted quickly before i submitted on page 1, and that's never the case.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
if i reply to a thread and am the 1st one on a new page, when i hit submit i'm taken to page 2 where i see my post. if i go to another page (user cp), that thread still looks unread. i have to go back in and click "page 2" to make it realize i've seen it.

seems to function correctly if my post is on the same/old page.

happens on several computers/browsers. am i crazy?
EDIT: also, i always check to see if maybe someone posted quickly before i submitted on page 1, and that's never the case.
Same thing happens to me all the time Tom. Just a minor annoyance in my opinion... I'm not really sure if there's anything the admins can do about it-- sounds like it has more to do with the actual code for vBulletin.

Same thing happens to me all the time Tom. Just a minor annoyance in my opinion... I'm not really sure if there's anything the admins can do about it-- sounds like it has more to do with the actual code for vBulletin.
figured that was the case. it's one of those things i always see, but forget to ask about.

no biggie either way.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
No worries mate!!!
Just a some sort of grimlin!!!
Al tha way dobie!!!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Same thing happens to me. I'm not sure why it's coded that way. It's probably been that way since version 0.1.0.0

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good to know I'm not the only one this happens to. I always wondered the same thing...not because it bugged me, just because I wondered.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts