Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What do you think of this color?

In the poll thread everyone (myself included) liked the viper blue. More than likely, that is the color it will end up being painted, since I have to do it myself.

Anyway, Somone posted some pictures of House Of Kolor Cinnamon Pearl paint. I just love how it pops when the light hits it.

Here are a couple of pics...both the other brand though.

First a plain side shot:

PHOTO224L.jpg

Then the light on it:

PHOTO221L.jpg

Side shot in really bright sunlight:

Cinnamon_Pearl_Chevy_of_John_Demich.jpg

Angle shot again (under lights though):

0607cr_15_1951_chevy_front_quarter_.jpg

At this point, I am leery of a pearl paint. I am talking to some experts about it. Plus I have probably a year to play with primers and such to see how I spray.

What do you think of this color? Better or worse than the viper blue (no pearl, no flake)?

I was thinking of something though. Take a look at my interior. It is the wrong colors to go with the cinnamon pearl. Black and gray with it? :( What do you think?

http://home.centurytel.net/brian_b/56/index2.htm

Last edited:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Last edited:
Yeah it is close. Copperhead was that not so pretty ford ranger color they used for a few years. Stacy David had them add something to the formula and copperhead was born. I loved the color then too.

I don't know if I can spray this pearl. That is a wait and see.

I just wanted to know of people liked it or not first.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm not a big fan. It looks okay, but definately not a color I'd consider for my vehicle. The important thing is that you pick a color YOU like.

Ryan

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Brian, project Copperhead (what I thought of when I saw the first pic BTW) was done with a larger metal flake mixed in with the factory paint and I did like it, however I also like the Viper blue. With that said, IMHO, I think that your truck would look better with the Cinnamon Pearl even with the interior being black/gray.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I'm not a big fan. It looks okay, but definately not a color I'd consider for my vehicle.
:rofl: Of course you don't like it, it ain't Krylon or available in a spray can. :rofl:

I'm bettin' on my first banning now!! YelloThumbUp

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I'm bettin' on my first banning now!! YelloThumbUp

Hey Brian, will I get an e-mail notice of being banned or just no access. The way the sites working lately, I wouldn't know if it's due to banning or the server. confused

Oh yeah, I'm on a roll this am!! :rofl: :nana: :rofl:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Just look at it this way . You like the stock look and this will be any thing but. But It is a nice color and would look good on your truck .You would have to paint inside to.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
That looks a lot like Daytona Sunset Orange that we offered on Corvettes for a few years.

z06%202006-06-02%2016.34.07.00.jpg

Interesting color- changed tones relative to ambient lighting. Also a "love-hate" color. Folks either loved it, or they wouldn't take it on a bet. Changed to Atomic Orange in mid '07.

07AO-C6ForSale-001.JPG

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Brian I like it, then maybe a silver metallic accent color to really make it POP!

old thread comes back! LOL I forgot about this one. It is way down the line, but the viper blue/white is what it will probably end up. I can spray that without the fancy guns (if I can ever afford to start any body work again).

Yes...the inside will need to be painted too. The gray interior should look ok with it thouugh.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Pearl isn't bad to shoot.....not like metallics.

My 48 is Dark Amethyst Pearl (99 Honda Accord paint). Looks blue until the light hits it and then it turns dark purple.

There is something about that cinnamon pearl, but I think it wants white or cream interior...........or maybe I'm thinking orange creamcicle?

I really like the cinnamon pearl, but the interior would look horrible with it. The interior work is something I cannot do myself...therefore I am stuck with what I have. I sort of have to match the outside to what I already have, if I ever get to that point. Most of my interior is gray (and in good shape).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts