Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Grandson's MRI

blacksnapon

Staff member
Follow up more in depth exam today, NF tumors both upper and lower left jaw. Surgery scheduled for june 12 in springfield, mo. Will have to remove 5 teeth to get access. 10 years old, going through that! Grandpaw WILL be there!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Thank You all for your thoughts. He's a tough little man, keeping a good outlook on his situation. Little buzzard tonight wants me to shave my head to see who has the best scars (mine brain surgery in 89---OK no smart remarks!)

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Vince, will say a prayer for him and your family as well, will light a candle for him next time in church.

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
We will continue to pray for Austin, and the rest of your family Vince!!!!

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Vince,

Your grandson and family will be in our prayers. God bless.

Wow... you have my prayers, Vince. Not going to be too pleasant when he wakes up, either; Very hard to see a kid go thru that, but at least they caught it and are dealing with it. Still doesn't make it easy, I know, but having the love and strength of his Grandpaw will help, and the pain WILL pass.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Follow up more in depth exam today, NF tumors both upper and lower left jaw. Surgery scheduled for june 12 in springfield, mo. Will have to remove 5 teeth to get access. 10 years old, going through that! Grandpaw WILL be there!

Hang tough man. If there is anything I can do let me know. I'm out on a job just outside of Oklahoma City right now, but let me know.

Gunner

blacksnapon

Staff member
Little man's surgery went better than the others. They didn't have to remove as many teeth as previously thought (3 all together). He's a little swollen and bruised, but loving every minute (popsicles, ice cream, every body waiting on him hand and foot). Is actually not in any pain, tough kid. Still have the big one in his future (rebuild his eye socket that was eroded away from the tumor that was removed previously). Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

03Explorer

Missouri Chapter member
Glad to hear the surgery went good and that he is not in pain. Hope everything goes good with the next surgery. Your family will be in our thoughts. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Fellro

Staff member
Good to hear things went well, he's young, and will grow up not really remembering it being any different if all goes well. Scary thing to deal with, but better than what it could be otherwise.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
blacksnapon,

Glad to hear your Grandson is doing well and the surgery was uneventful. Are prayers and thoughts are with you all. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Ford Truck Articles