Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Looking for FE header for a 66

In in the process of building a 390 for my 66 f-250 4x4 that has a 352 in it. and looking into headers for it but nobody list anything for the 3/4 ton four by. and talking to some people i found the issue is getting around the manual steering gearbox thats located behind the axle. and trying to get the pipes around the clutch linkage. The linkage goes through the floor outside of the frame and has a pipe deal that goes up over the frame rail next to the motor. being this much of a pain in the ass does anyone have recomendations for headers? I think fenderwell exit headers would be very cool but where to look for them?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry man...dunno much about the headers for your application...but have you considered going the custom built header route? More often than not, getting them custom made can be cheaper than actually finiding something that will work. Just a thought.

What about some cast iron factory shorty's? Like the early 390HP and 406 Galaxies used? I think there are guys who use those in some pickups too.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I had a set of Hedman headers in my 66 250 2 wheel drive with a stick in it. I had no trouble fitting them in or around anything as far as the 4X4 can't help you there. Checkout www.hedman.com/products/?id=3479

P/N 89126 FORD F-150 PICKUP,F-250 PICKUP, F-350 PI 1-3/4" 3" FULL
LENGTH $571.52

Says they fit 4X4 with a stick.

i would not go that route. i have headers on my truck and now that i have to pull the starter, guess what! the headers are in the way. after removing the inspection plate, things could not get any worse now i am pulling both headers off to remove the tranny and bellhousing so i can replace the flywheel. what a pain in the @ss. they sell repos on evilbay look under FE exaust manifolds even though it will add to the cost of repair i think it's worth it in the long run.

Good luck.

Hey Ben, (UTfball68)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts