Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford to build diesel engines in Mexico

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Another one, IMO. I actually have a few customers that have refused delivery of new Tahoes and Suburbans with VIN's that start with a "3" (Mexico, for those who don't know). The other plant is in Janesville.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Yeah, and people complained about the quality of IH diesel engines. As mom always said "Becareful what you wish for, you just may get it.":hammer:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Quite a few of the Chrysler products are assembled down there. I don't know which specific ones other than the PT Cruiser.

Chrysler, Now there is a giant speed bump if there ever was one. Just what FMC needs, take lessons from Chrysler.

Last edited:

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
The quality of Sony TVs assembled in Mexico is terrible!!!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Chrysler, Now there is a giant speed bump if there ever was one. Just what FMC needs, take lessons from Chrysler.

'hah' 'hah' 'hah' Not to slam Ford even more than they already have been, but the day Ford starts building their own engine, I'm out. They could not get the electronic controls system right on an other wise pretty straight forward engine. Now you tell me they are going to engineer and build their own? Again I say.......:rofl:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Yeah, and people complained about the quality of IH diesel engines.
I've never been one to complain about their engines, then again I've got a 6.9 and never had any issues with its electrical and turbo systems.YelloThumbUp

If Ford is building their own engines when I get to the point of buying a new rig, I'll be buying a Dodge.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Ford was the first global auto manufacturer. Because of the success of the Model T, Ford built assembly plants worldwide, including Cologne, Germany; Dagenham, England; Singapore; Japan; Mexico, Bombay, and other locales. Ford's built in Mexico stayed in Mexico..none were imported here, until recently.

The first Ford product built in Mexico and shipped to the US was the Mercury Tracer. That was over 20 years ago. Until recently, Super Duty's were built in Mexico, as was the Focus. Both have been relocated to US assembly plants. Currently, the Fusion, Milan and Lincoln MKZ are built in Mexico. In addition Ford has an engine plant and parts plants in Mexico. Ford has built assembly and parts plants in China. The way things are going for Ford and GM, there will come a day when Toyota builds more cars in the US than Ford and GM combined.

1970 Custom: Guess where Rams are built? Did you say Mexico? You'd be partially right. In addition, some Rams are built in Canada, and some are built in the US.

Last edited:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
1970 Custom: Guess where Rams are built? Did you say Mexico? You'd be partially right. In addition, some Rams are built in Canada, and some are built in the US.

I'm not talking about where they're built but who builds the motors, I can't say that I'd care where they were built because I've never had to deal with the issues, I'm more concerned about build quality of the drive train.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts