Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2005 6.0 PS-Not getting fuel?

Welcome to FTF, King Ranch 2005. One of our Ford techs should be along shortly to reply to your post. In the mean time, how many miles does your truck have on it?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Can you hear the fuel pump running? It's located right under the drivers door area. If theres no fuel at all getting to the upper filter housing I would be thinking fuel pump i've changed quite a few. Welcome to the site!

I didnot hear it yesterday, But I hear it now, and it started right up. is this posible to work sometimes and not others? Or is there a relay that might be going bad? I see it has a filter on it also.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I didnot hear it yesterday, But I hear it now, and it started right up. is this posible to work sometimes and not others? Or is there a relay that might be going bad? I see it has a filter on it also.

I've had pumps work when they want to usually the bad ones tend to make alot of noise. I have yet to see a relay go bad for the pump, not to say it's not possible. Yes this truck has 2 fuel filters. You'll get 2 filters in the box when you buy new ones.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Possibility of connector corrosion or intermittent circuit breaks in the fuel pump circuit.

This sounds like it is my problem, because it is a little loud and it kind of pulsates when it runs and then it shuts off. I think I will change it and check the connections at the same time. Just to be safe. Is it harder than it looks to change?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
This sounds like it is my problem, because it is a little loud and it kind of pulsates when it runs and then it shuts off. I think I will change it and check the connections at the same time. Just to be safe. Is it harder than it looks to change?

Fairly easy to change, you've got 2 options the easiest (I think) is to get it as an assembly meaning the whole alluminum housing (but costs more). Or just get the pump, it just requires 3 screws to be removed but kind of a pain to get to them. I would also recomend original ford parts.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts