Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I find it hillarious that......

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
.....my 2004 Ranger FX4 Level II, BFG KO's with 54,XXX on them, can make it up my driveway (firm but saturated clay soil, 9% grade) without any spinning in 2WD and yet my buddys 2005 Dodge Ram 3500, same tires with ~5,000 miles, requires 4WD.

Blade

Backwoods boy
.....my 2004 Ranger FX4 Level II, BFG KO's with 54,XXX on them, can make it up my driveway (firm but saturated clay soil, 9% grade) without any spinning in 2WD and yet my buddys 2005 Dodge Ram 3500, same tires with ~5,000 miles, requires 4WD.

that explains it all :p

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Simple...Dodge= to avoid...nuff said

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
My roommate's sister has a video of her boyfriend's Tacoma pulling a 4x4 Dodge 3500 Cummins out of a ditch, though...Dodge does seem to be a common thread.

Wonder what role driver skill plays, though...put him in the Ranger and see if he can do it without spinning.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My roommate's sister has a video of her boyfriend's Tacoma pulling a 4x4 Dodge 3500 Cummins out of a ditch, though...Dodge does seem to be a common thread.

Wonder what role driver skill plays, though...put him in the Ranger and see if he can do it without spinning.

You wanna know embarrassing...I was driving my gf to go pick up her car from the Honda dealer, and at the time I was having starter issues, so I was reluctant to turn her off...but I went against my better judgement and did. She went to take care of paper work and I walked one car lot over to see if the Ford dealer had any old dentside parts left (they didn't BTW). Anyway, we get ready to leave, the gf in her civic and me in Red...well I can't get the starter to spin fast enough to get her started...so I tell Bailee to give me a jump...at that moment, I swear the entire shop of Honda Mechanics came out and started snapping pics of the wee tiny Honda having to jump off the Big Bad Ford. To this day, there are still pics of Red being jumped by the civic in front of the Honda dealership circulating around Gerry Wood Honda. I always try to deny it and say I was jumping the Honda...but it never works.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben! Ben! Ben! Highly disappointed!!!

Yeah...I know. I wasn't thinking...if I were, I woulda walked over to the Ford lot and had them either pull over a truck or a charger cart. I didn't think much of asking Bailee to jump Red, I had asked several people that week to jump it because I kept shutting down...but it hit me like a ton of bricks in slow motion when I started to hear the mechanics snickering behind my back. Bastards.

Last edited:
Yeah...I know. I wasn't thinking...if I were, I woulda walked over to the Ford lot and had them either pull over a truck or a charger cart. I didn't think much of asking Bailee to jump Red, I had asked several people that week to jump it because I kept shutting down...but it hit me like a ton of bricks in slow motion when I started to hear the mechanics snikering behind my back. Bastards.

Almost like a self induced man card revocation hearing... :p :rolling laugh:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Almost like a self induced man card revocation hearing... :p :rolling laugh:

Don't worry...I put myself on probation. As my public duty, I had to watch a Clint movie marathon on AMC and watch my 3 disc (at the time) complete set of Rambo to gain back full use of my testosterone.

Don't worry...I put myself on probation. As my public duty, I had to watch a Clint movie marathon on AMC and watch my 3 disc (at the time) complete set of Rambo to gain back full use of my testosterone.

Sounds like adequate reparations for that extremely mauve act of mauveness that you engaged in so mauvishly... :p 'hippie'

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA

That, or he had a manual and I have an auto.

racsan

4xford
i still say weight balance played a role here, if both had 1,500 on the drive axle but the dodge had 4,000 on the front and the ranger had only 3,200 on the front (for example) then the dodge had to push more weight with less ponds per square inch of tire contact, and if it was a dually, it would be even worse as the weight would be even less on each drive tire.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts