Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How about a chat box?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I'm a member on www.virtualford.org to, and they have a neat little feature I like...

A chatbox!

I was wondering if ya'll might consider getting one on here? I know we tried the chat thing before (thanks again Smokey for setting up the chat) but I think it would get more use if it was there when you log into the site, instead of having to log into somthing else.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
IIRC, they said we need more traffic on the boards to build the site up before we can have chat.

But if ya wanna chat now, I think smokey's thing is still up. I'd chat with ya :)

Here I sit with a skype account that is hardly used and nobody can take the time to talk first hand which includes the voice for FREE (including conference calls I think) and you want people to type for small talk ?

:)

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i have a skype account but no microphone or webcam....im working on both as we speak though

I can easily rent a Ventrilo Channel if guys are interested in voicechat?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Thanks for bringing up the idea. It has been brought up before and at the time it was decided not to implement one. Membership and forum traffic are the biggest reasons against it at the time.

Here is a link to the othet threads if you want to look through them and see what was talked about in them.
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/search.php?searchid=242527

I will bring it up to the admins again but I still think it is going to be a traffic issue/use issue. I know the forums look really busy with all the threads going on but in reality FTF is still just a baby site. You look at a lot of other successful sites that have chats, their members number in the hundred thousands. They can afford to and probably enjoy having some of the traffic taken out of the forums.

Either way I'll point them this way and see what they have to say on the topic.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts