Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Unreal!

blacksnapon

Staff member
I just had to instruct another dealer on where #1 cylinder was. We have a truck here that they worked on a short time ago that needs injectors. Customer has a receipt that shows they changed 4 injectors. We called them to find out which ones (possible warranty). They said," 1,3,5,7 on the driver side". Problem is, 1,3,5,and7 are passenger side. I had to fax them a picture showing how the cylinders are numbered.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No disrespect to dealer mechanics...but how in the hell can they charge the premium they do with knowledge like that?????????

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I just had to instruct another dealer on where #1 cylinder was. We have a truck here that they worked on a short time ago that needs injectors. Customer has a receipt that shows they changed 4 injectors. We called them to find out which ones (possible warranty). They said," 1,3,5,7 on the driver side". Problem is, 1,3,5,and7 are passenger side. I had to fax them a picture showing how the cylinders are numbered.
Sooo, he'll have 8 new injectors now? smiliepopcorn

blacksnapon

Staff member
No disrespect to dealer mechanics...but how in the hell can they charge the premium they do with knowledge like that?????????
Thats what irritates me to no end. It makes it rough on any good techs out there because customers have a poor view of all dealer techs. I take a lot of pride in what I do, and this kind of stuff is just a step backward.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Don't forget to mention the broken stuff and missing/loose bolts you encountered Vince.
Yeah, the screws that hold the intake tube to the front of the ficm were overtightened, cracking the tube. There were missing/loose bolts holding the degas bottle on. There were bare wires (missing convolute). The customer took pictures when we showed it to him.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut

Sorry Vince I had a brain fart that day lol !! 'smiliedoh' 'smiliecrazy'

Fellro

Staff member
They are everywhere, and the scammers too, give techs and plain ol' mechanics a bad name. Most of us put everything we got into it, others don't though unfortunately, and they are the ones that get noticed the most.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Thats what irritates me to no end. It makes it rough on any good techs out there because customers have a poor view of all dealer techs. I take a lot of pride in what I do, and this kind of stuff is just a step backward.

I feel your pain in my line of work Vince. Ever seen someone get beat up by police on the evening news?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts