Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need a new radio.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well when we were down gettin that truck I was testin out everything in the cab to see if it works and the radio dont work but everything else does except for the speedo and I think some of the gauges but the lens was so dirty I couldnt tell. What I want to know is who makes that radio thats stock lookin but has all the modern stuff in it and will work with an Ipod. I remember Buck talkin about it but I cant remember what it was or where to get it. This is gonna be goin in the new truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry Dan...dunno enough about either unit...just what I've heard. I think user miottimouse has that second unit and/or is going to get it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Can't help you out there either man...sorry. Try shootin those guys a PM. If you want the real down low...try PMing user Behemoth...can't remember if he's over here or not...but he's the one that had a s*it ton of info on both of them and told me everything I know about either unit.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well after talkin to Buck I think im gonna go with the same brand as he did but get the more expensive one along with one of those dual voice coil speakers that are in the dash and one of those plastic headliners with the speakers in it and swap out the speakers that come with it for good ones.

Oh yeah I was gonna ask ya how good NPDs parts are as far as quality goes.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well you'll have to let me know how that turns out...maybe a write up on it. I was wanting to add that headliner with speakers...and I was still kinda leaning towards the higher level CAS radio because it's still cheaper than the one from retro.

As for NPD...they're fine...better than LMC..but it's not up to JBG or DC standards. Is NPD where you're gonna get the headliner from?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah thats where I saw it LMC has one but it looks cheap. It says in the description that the headliner speakers are only 10 watts so thats why im gona change em. I also liked the CAS radio cause it will let me use my Ipod and itll charge it. All I really listen to is the radio or the ipod. Ill definitly do some sort of writeup on it and lots of pics when I do it.Dad says itll be one of the first things we do after the timing chain and exhaust and whatever else it needs to pass inspection.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts