Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Page Shrinking???????

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey guys...over the last week I'll be in my CP, New post page or viewing a thread...then all of a sudden my computer freezes for a second and the page shrinks. I can still use all the controls, but if I tab to a thread, then go back to the page that shrunk...it gets even smaller and jumbles up the text. There was even one time where the page blew up to about 500%. The shrinking problem happens about 4-5 times a day. This is the only site this happens to me on. Any ideas?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Ernie...it was checked. Why would it just happen on this site...and why would it just start this week?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...well hopefully I won't have anymore problems.

Any of the computer ner...geniuses want to clue me in on why all of a sudden this would happen...and why by default it would shrink a page to about 25%? Or is it just one of those things that doesn't make any sense?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Tough to say Ben... Could be a multitude of things.

My suggestion-- Cut your losses and make the switch to a better browser. IE is up there with the worst browsers, especially when speaking about performance. I prefer Firefox. Other capable browsers include Chrome, Opera, and the new Safari Beta (which is pretty nice).

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good call...I just got used to IE because that's what UT requires us to use...something about a Microsoft contract they have. I have FF, but rarely use it...but IE is getting on my nerves...looks like the switch is coming.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
REQUIRES you to use IE? I'd like to see them enforce that... The only reason you'd HAVE to use IE is for a web-app which doesn't work on Firefox, and there aren't that many. The only reason I EVER have to use IE is to access Microsoft Exchange Servers or the Windows Update webpage (for obvious reasons).

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well anything school related doesn't work properly unless I use IE...so I should have used 'requires' more loosely. So if I want to check out my email account...I need IE, if I want to use blackboard...gotta use IE, if I want to download programs from class...gotta use IE. I'm sure you get the point, ANYTHING school related requires IE or it won't download properly, or the page(s) won't show up properly.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...my page just shrunk again...time for FF

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well I've got a solution for that Ben ;) Firefox has 'extensions'... One of which is called "IE Tab". This allows you to render webpages with the IE engine RIGHT INSIDE of Firefox. You can also use the extension's settings to tell it which web addresses to AUTOMATICALLY render with the IE engine-- so that whenever you go there it'll automatically switch engines, without you ever even knowing.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

20 million downloads can't lie ;) I used to use that extension religiously.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sweet Chris, thanks...as you've noticed by now, I'm a computer 'tard. So I am completely oblivious about those kinds of things.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts