Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Tires

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Check out these tires made by Michelin, at their South Carolina plant:

479311002_YWCSw-XL.jpg

479311015_aJH99-XL.jpg

479311013_Yy7Us-XL.jpg

479311004_2KC95-XL.jpg

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Mom sent me an email about these airless tires a couple weeks ago. I assume they're leaving sidewalls off the tire to show how the tire works. Otherwise, I'd be concerned about throwing it out of balance with mud or snow.

That would be the end of the spikes cops lay down.

Ryan

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Mom sent me an email about these airless tires a couple weeks ago. I assume they're leaving sidewalls off the tire to show how the tire works. Otherwise, I'd be concerned about throwing it out of balance with mud or snow.

That would be the end of the spikes cops lay down.

Ryan

They got that covered all ready Ryan :D
Say hello to the X-net

there has been buzz about these for a few years.

i think the tires are done - no sidewalls. they've had trouble with wind too if i remember correctly.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I saw those a few months back in FourWheeler...they look pretty cool and are a novel idea, I'm just not sure how structurally sound they can be. However, if Interco introduces a set to their line up...I'll be all over them...haha.

i just can't see rollin 70 MPH with those on my rims:suspicious:

Me neither...just by those pics, it looks like you'd constantly feel like you're driving on a flat tire...and it looks like there would be a lot more sway side to side.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
They were simply a concept tire that they spent millions in development, kinda like those crazy rubber roller tires they were looking in to for big rigs but it bombed miserably..

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
Well that video really didn't show what that net is capable of, the show I watched they stopped a Humvee a military dump truck and a 86 85 f350 cold.

thats some stopping force. sounds like the only thing better is one of those concrete highway dividers.

I wonder how much horsepower it would take to tear that thing apart, because ripping it is the only way I see getting through that.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts