Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking of doing twin turbo's....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
This new header leak has got me thinking of doing my own twin turbo set up. I have to do some research but I think I could do it. I know the motor can handle it now that it has been rebuilt, IDK just got my gears in the old head turnin'!!

If I get a couple of new head flanges, then run my own pipe up to a flat collector to bolt the turbo's on on each side of the block, turn the outtake and tie right into the existing exhaust, I would have enough flow. I have to get the puter tuned anyway. This maybe a way to do it. I have seen some T6's and T7's on craiglist maybe I oughta look into it pretty hard core. Might just be a GREAT winter project in the garage!

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Basically stock, hard to find decent stuff for the internals of these motors. They make em, I'm sure, but the fella that built this builds high-perf motors all day long and said I would be good till about 10 psi. I'm not looking to go more than about 6-7 psi.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I was thinking more along the mauve side of things! LOL

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Two smaller turbos should spool quicker than one large. Seems like a good way to go for dd/ off road use.

(does that help convince the wife?;))

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
HA all I got from her was the...:rolleyes: She don't care as long as I don't mess with her stuff! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I still have to drive this everyday. I think two smaller turbos would be easy to locate and install. I have to do some research and I think this would be cool to do.

Wow, twin turbos, eh? That would be different, and reallly cool!

Are you looking to use new turbos? I know a lot of people that use turbos found at the auto wreckers, and building their system around those because it saves them a lot of money. How much are you looking to spend?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Right now I am just looking at some craiglist turbos. I will have to fab my own headers, but that shouldn't be too bad.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
4.6l?
Or is it the 5.4?
You could likely find some turbo headers for the 4.6l Pretty easily...
Not sure if they could be modified to fit your truck, most likely you will find them for a mustang though.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
why not slap a lightning supercharger its easier.. and you can get those supercharger froma stock lightning everywhere like nloc.com ive seen them thousends of time for sale

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
4.6l?
Or is it the 5.4?
You could likely find some turbo headers for the 4.6l Pretty easily...
Not sure if they could be modified to fit your truck, most likely you will find them for a mustang though.

same heads, I think. So mustang turbo headers would work.

sounds like a cool project..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts