Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cruisecontrol and 4X4 problem

I have a problem with my electric 4X4 and the cruise control and would appreciate any help or info especially if someone here has had a similar experience.
We recently bought this '92 Ranger STX with 4.0, 4X4and 5 spd. The truck runs and drives great and we're very happy with it but, The 4wd does not work in high or low, 2wd is fine. No strange noises or bad behavior in any way.
In reading through the owners manual it tells you how to operate the truck in 4x4 mode and in the manual it describes the use of locking hubs only with the manual engageing transfer case, with the electronic unit ithe manual only discusses the use of automatic locking hubs. Our truck has manual locking hubs, so I'm wonderingif a previous owner changed the truck to manual hubs and if there may be a wire that is not connected somewhere that would cause the truck not to engage the T-case. The dash indicator lights also do not even flicker when fiddling with the switches and there is good power to the 4X4 switch. Additionaly the cruise control isn't working so another poser is, are the 2 problems related? all the fuses have been checked and are good. I know there are issues with the motors on these electronic units but if I can get some advice from someone who's "been there and done that" I would really appreciate it.
Thanks, Moto Mel

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts