Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another from the "dark side":-)

Hey guys, Ben pointed me over here a couple weeks ago and I finally got around to signing up. I guess the straw that broke the camels back was today when I saw 76scs(yea you know the one) druged up a year old post just to spam his brochures(which as I recall is why he got banned in the first place:blah: )

Anyhow, my name is Gabe Rees and I live in Good Hope, GA. I've got a 67 F-100 Ranger with a "warm" 390\3spd, a 73 F-100 custom with a 302\c4, and a 99 F-150 Scab Lariat.

I will post some pics very soon, hopefully tommrow, I just don't have anything very recent.

Just thought I'd introduce myself and say that I like the way this site runs.

Gabe

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Welcome!

Sounds like some NICE vehicles you have! I'll be on the lookout for those pics!

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Welcome, good to have you aboard!!! :wavey: Nice trucks there.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome man...glad that you finally came over. It's a great place...nice and relaxed. And now you have the guys with ALL the answers.

Hey thanks for the welcome guys! I'll grab some new pics tommrow when we get some light. In the mean time I'll see if I can dig up some old pics.

Heres the 67 back in early 07, this was about a week before I bought it. I wasen't even looking for another truck at that point, and it really wasen't for sale. It was also only two doors down from my house(and theres only 6 houses on a 3 mile long dirt road.)

Attachments

• AUT_1718.JPG
Heres the 73 that I got for free. The only thing it needed to be drivable was a thermostat, and some heater hose. It fired up after sitting for two years, without even a bettery charge!

Heres the interior when I got it.

Interior more recently:

And heres the 302, and yea thats a brand new rad, they just couldn't figure to swap the t-stat.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dude...that's sweet, even better it was free. Some guys have all the luck. I hate you now...go back 'over there' HAHAHHA

Gee thanks Ben:rolleyes: . Yeah that compressor isn't quite factory, believe it or not the ac actually works, it dosen't get as cold as it should, but the heater dosen't get hot as it should either. I think the hvac box is prolly packed full of crap. It was(of course) parked under the only tree in the guys back yard for its two year hiatus.

The truck only has 142k miles, but that is the third bottom end. The first two the manual choke got left on and it cooked pistons.
The heads that are on it or 87s, I haven't checked the block number for a date code yet.
Gabe

Last edited:
Nah, I didn't put it on, its just a sanden rotary style though. I believe its a 805, but I'll check the number tommrow.

Welcome aboard Gabe.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts